Effective August 12, 2021: All guests and staff are required to wear masks inside public spaces (Johnson Dining Hall and Main Lodge).
August 4, 2021: Lake Logan is not currently making any exceptions to our cancellation policies as outlined in our user agreement. Given all that we now understand about COVID-19 and how to mitigate the risks (vaccinations and masks), we are not relaxing the policies, which exist so that we can remain open to serve our community.
With the concerns surrounding COVID-19, Lake Logan has taken additional steps to provide our guests a safe and comfortable stay. Please know that we continue to diligently follow guidelines put forth by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and the state of North Carolina to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. During this period, we have implemented the following operational practices, protocols, and recommendations:
- Staff has been trained on new sanitation protocols and use and disposal of PPE.
- Staff will adhere to CDC guidelines, including washing hands frequently and thoroughly, avoiding touching the eyes, nose, and mouth, staying home when not feeling well, wearing proper PPE, and keeping proper social distance.
- Staff will take temperature daily before coming to work and will not come to work with temperature over 100.4 degrees, if they do not feel well, and/or if they have had contact with someone infected with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Staff will wear face coverings inside enclosed spaces with guests whether or not they are vaccinated.
- Staff will wear face coverings outside of buildings when appropriate social distance is difficult to keep if the staff member is unvaccinated.
- Staff are encouraged not to share equipment when possible. Equipment that must be shared will be sanitized before, during, and after each shift.
- Staff will not enter guest cabins while guests are there. Exceptions: locked doors, maintenance issues – in which case staff will wear a face covering and remain at least 6 feet away from guests if the staff member is unvaccinated or if they are in the presence of Camp Henry campers
- Guests are asked to take their temperature prior to coming to Lake Logan and to stay home if they have a temperature over 100.4 degrees, if they do not feel well, and/or if they have had contact with someone infected with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- All guests, even those who are vaccinated, are required to wear face coverings when inside public spaces (Johnson Dining Hall – dining room C and all hallways – and Main Lodge – lobby, hallways, and office) and requested to wear face coverings when social distancing outside is difficult. If you do not have a face covering, let us know and we can provide one.
- Wearing of masks within private meeting spaces is left to the discretion of guests and their group leaders.
- Guests are asked to wash hands regularly and to make use of hand sanitizers when proper hand washing options are not available.
- Guests are asked not to enter staff offices.
- Guests are asked not to enter Camp Henry program spaces.
- Linens are provided; however, because we are using thinner blankets with triple sheeting that are easier to launder due to COVID-19, we recommend bringing an extra blanket.
Check-in and Check-out
- The office and other transaction areas have been modified to allow for social distancing space.
- We ask that each guest provide an estimated arrival time for expedited service in the lobby and public spaces.
- We ask that only one person check in for the entire group. Release forms will be sent ahead of time and/ or can be completed online so that they can be completed in advance.
- A checkout time of 9 AM will be strictly observed when another group is due to check in later the same day to provide adequate cleaning and disinfectant time for staff.
- The check-in area will be sanitized between each guest check-in.
- Luggage handling is self-service only.
Sanitation Practices for Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
- Inspections of guest rooms and private spaces to ensure proper cleanliness and sanitation will be completed before the space is made available to the next guest.
- All disinfectants used at Lake Logan are registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and meet the criteria for use against emerging viral pathogens & SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Sanitation stations that include liquid sanitizers are located at strategic public locations on the property (Main Lodge, Dining Hall, etc).
- Public restrooms will be regularly cleaned and sanitized; however, it is recommended that guests use restrooms in their cabins when possible.
- Frequented areas and high-touch items such as door handles, light fixtures, and bathroom fixtures will be sanitized at least daily.
- A linen basket will be placed in all guest rooms for guests to place used linens before departure.
- We are currently using triple sheeting, which means that a blanket is wrapped between two flat sheets, both of which (in addition to the fitted sheet and pillow cases) are washed. The blanket is a little thinner than a normal comforter or quilt so we encourage guests to bring an extra blanket.
- Guests have the option to be served in disposable to-go containers that can be picked up from the dining hall. Lake Logan reserves the right to require all meals be taken to go.
- When food is served in the dining hall, guests will be asked to sanitize hands with provided hand sanitizer before serving themselves.
- Cafeteria style or plated meals can be offered upon request. Additional fees may apply.
- Mealtimes may be staggered to allow for smaller groups to be able to social distance.
- When enjoying recreation activities on the property, guests are asked to be respectful of social distancing with other guest groups.
- Normal cleaning protocols will be followed for outdoor spaces. CDC guidelines do not recommend extra sanitation measures.
- It is recommended that only family groups or those who are fully vaccinated share rooms; however, room sharing, and cabin sharing are at the discretion of the guest. We cannot offer discounts on single occupancy rooms.
- If a guest is diagnosed with COVID-19 within two weeks of being on the property, they are requested to report this to the executive director immediately so that our staff can take proper action to protect other guests and inform other guests as appropriate. Names will be held confidentially.
- If a staff member is diagnosed with COVID-19, any guest who came in proximity of that staff member during the past two weeks will be informed.
- For any guest visit that was booked after March 13, 2020 our normal cancellation policies as outlined in the User Agreement are in effect.
- If an event is cancelled because Lake Logan cannot operate due to COVID-19, the group will be asked to transfer any monies paid to a future event before January 1, 2022. If it is not possible to book a future event, fees may be returned or donated. Refunds may incur a 5% service charge.
The health, welfare, and safety of our guests and staff are top priorities. These guidelines may be updated as new information becomes available. Please let us know if you have any questions.