Lake Logan does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital, family, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran, or citizenship status. The Episcopal Church welcomes you.
Check-in is 3 PM. Check-out is 9 AM.
Breakfast 8 AM
Lunch 12 PM
Dinner 6 PM
No adjustments will be made for participants arriving late or departing early. A night’s lodging includes three meals. Rate adjustments are not made for missed meals. Guests departing early or a planned outing may request box lunches with at least 24 hours’ notice.
Based on your tentative meeting space and room block, Lake Logan requires a 25% non-refundable deposit to be received with your signed Use Agreement. Dates will be held for you until ten days after the date of this contract, at which time they will be released if the deposit has not been received.
The remaining expected balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to arrival along with a final estimate of the attendees. Incidentals acquired by the group, additional guests, and appropriate taxes will be applied to your final bill. Lake Logan will provide your final invoice within one week of departure. Payment on the final invoice is due within 30 days of the date sent. Payments not received within thirty (30) days of the invoice date will be assessed a late fee of 1.5% of the total due per month.
Your guaranteed count, set-up needs, dietary requirements, and special requests are due to Lake Logan 30 days prior to your arrival. You may increase your group numbers at any time if space allows. You may reduce your number by up to 25% up to 60 days prior to your event with no penalty. If your event’s guaranteed attendee number is reduced in size between 30 and 60 days prior to arrival, your group will be charged a one night’s stay at the contracted room rate per attendee cancelled. If your event’s guaranteed attendee number is not received 30 days prior as requested, you will be billed for the reserved guests and rooms blocked at the contracted rate.
A minimum participant count of 10 has been established for food service. If your numbers fall below that minimum, your event will be assessed a surcharge.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Your 25% deposit is nonrefundable. All cancellations must be received in writing prior to 60 days before your reserved dates. Failure to provide 60 days’ notice of a cancellation means you will be responsible for full payment under this agreement.
A 5% processing fee will be subtracted from all refunds.
SPECIAL PROVISION CANCELLATIONS RESULTING FROM COVID-19
- If a group books an event after March 13, 2020 to take place between May and December 2020 and chooses to cancel said event, the normal cancellation / refund policy applies. If cancellation is because one or more members of the group has tested positive for COVID-19, Lake Logan will work with the group to the best of our ability to transfer monies paid and reschedule the event before December 2021. (If monies paid have already been spent on items for the event at time of cancellation [for example: groceries], some of those funds may not be available for transfer.) Refunds will not be issued.
- If a group booked an event prior to March 13, 2020 to take place between May and December 2020 and chooses to cancel said event due to COVID-19, they will be asked to transfer any monies paid to a future event before December 2021. If it is not possible to book a future event, fees may be returned or donated. Refunds will incur a 5% service charge.
- If an event between March 13 and December 31, 2020 is cancelled because Lake Logan cannot operate due to COVID-19, the group will be asked to transfer any monies paid to a future event, preferably before December 2021. If it is not possible to book a future event, fees may be returned or donated. Refunds may incur a 5% service charge.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE
The following safety guidelines and policies apply to use of the Lake Logan Conference Center’s facilities and services:
- For a $50 non-refundable pet fee Lake Logan allows your family dog in cabins Maple, Hemlock, Cherry, Rhododendron, and Noo Nook only. Please reserved in advance. Except for service animals, no animals are allowed in the dining hall. All dogs should be registered with LLCC in advance so that we can prepare for your pet’s stay. We ask that all pets are kept on a leash and cleaned up after. All service animals are welcome. Owners are responsible for the behavior of and any property damage caused by their animals.
- All guests with vehicles on the property must display a Lake Logan hang tag. We recommend you park your car and walk; however, when driving on Lake Logan property, please obey the posted speed limits and signs.
- All guests will be issued a wrist band that helps our staff identify who should be on the property. Guests should wear these bands at all times in public spaces, both indoors and outdoors.
- The lake is open for guests approximately April 1 through about mid-November each year depending on weather conditions. Exception: the lake is reserved for use by Camp Henry for two hours per day Monday through Friday in July and August. Times are subject to change.
- Upon request, the Paddle Room of the Boathouse is open from 9 AM to 5 PM. each day. Guests are invited to enjoy the boating during these hours. For your safety, each guest is required to wear a proper fitting PFD when in a boat.
- Guests are asked to return paddles, PFDs, and boats back to their proper storage area.
- Advanced reservation prior to your arrival is required if you wish to have a lifeguard or alpine tower facilitator.
- Guests wishing to fish are required to hold a valid North Carolina fishing license.
- For the health of all our guests, Lake Logan all buildings are smoke-free and tobacco-free. This includes e-cigarettes and vaping. Please smoke only in designated areas outside and away from building entrances, and dispose of your cigarette butts in appropriate locations.
- Lake Logan does not have a liquor license from the State of North Carolina to serve guests alcoholic beverages. Guests are welcome to provide their own beer and wine to enjoy during dinner or in their cottages. We ask that our guests drink responsibly and assure that only those of legal age consume alcoholic beverages. Open containers are not permitted on the grounds or by the waterfront. Consumption of alcohol while boating or swimming is not permitted.
- All guests are invited to enjoy the use of the living room and front porch at Main Lodge as well as the decks at the Dining Hall for informal rest and relaxation. Advance notice will be provided at check-in if an area is reserved for a private function.
- Wireless internet is available for your convenience in Main Lodge, Celebration, the Dining Hall, and Hemlock.
- Telephones are available at the Dining Hall, the Boat House, and Sit ‘n’ Whittle Lodge for local and emergency calls only. A telephone is available at Main Lodge for free long distance calls. WiFi calling can be used anywhere internet is available.
- One adult should be identified as the group leader for the duration of the group’s visit. This person will be responsible for all participants in the group and for communicating needs and concerns to Lake Logan staff. It is preferable that the group leader be the same person who set up the contract prior to arrival.
- Each group is encouraged to have an adult present who is Red Cross (or a similarly recognized provider) certified to provide CPR and First-Aid emergency care. Group leaders should have available the following information on all participants: names and addresses; emergency contact information; special health conditions and concerns, including known allergies or other restrictions. For minors, signed “permission to treat in an emergency” forms should also be gathered.
- Guests assume financial responsibility for any loss, damage, or destruction to Lake Logan property or equipment. Charges for excessive cleanup will be assessed to the Organization, and a damage deposit may be required at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Furniture, linens, blankets, pillows, and kitchen items – including dishes – should remain in their proper locations. If furniture is moved to make your stay more enjoyable please return it to its original location before your departure. Please do not tape or use putty on any walls.
- Please observe quiet times from 10 AM until 7 AM.
- The photographs or likenesses of guests of Lake Logan may be used for publicity or other purposes without compensation or other consideration. Guests may request in writing that their photographs or likenesses not be used in this fashion.
- Lake Logan cannot be held responsible for any items left behind by guests but will attempt to keep such items in safekeeping for a one week before donating to charity. Please call the office as soon as possible if you discover that you have left something behind.
- Mail for guests should be sent to “Recipient Name and Group Name,” c/o Lake Logan, 25 Wormy Chestnut Lane, Canton, NC 28716. Mail received after departure can be forwarded upon request and payment by the recipient for up to one week.
- Lake Logan reserves the right to remove any persons from the facilities or premises who, in sole discretion of Lake Logan staff, are unauthorized or who are creating a disturbance, or who are jeopardizing the health, safety, and/or welfare of our guests.
- Lake Logan reserves the right to change rates at any time. Notice of any rate change will be given whenever change is deemed necessary.
Full payment of your expected total is required 30 days prior to arrival along with your guaranteed attendee numbers, diet needs, and event plans. If your event’s guaranty attendee number is reduced in size within 29 days prior to arrival, your group will be charged a one night’s stay at the contracted single room rate per attendee cancelled. If your event’s guaranteed attendee number is not received 30 days prior as requested, any reductions in your tentative block received 29 days prior to arrival will be charged a one night’s stay at the contracted single room rate. Additional incidentals acquired by the group during the visit will be applied to your final bill. LLCC will provide your final invoice within one week of departure. Final invoice is payable within 30 days.