Day of Giving is an opportunity for supporters of camp and retreat ministry to lift the ministries of Lake Logan Conference Center, Camp Henry, and Valle Crucis Conference Center in the Diocese of Western North Carolina. Your support means we can provide space and time for people seeking connection with God, one another, and the beauty of creation.
Lake Logan Conference Center and Camp Henry’s Goals for Day of Giving:
- 100 NEW unrestricted gifts and pledges for the ministries of Lake Logan Conference Center and Camp Henry
- welcome at least ten NEW Trailblazers who give a minimum of $25 per month/ $300 per year designated to the Conference Center
- welcome at least ten NEW Firebuilders who give a minimum of $10 per month/ $120 per year designated to Camp Henry
Follow our social media for special messages March 8 through 16 and learn what these thin places have meant to the personal, physical, and spiritual growth of thousands of youth and adults in Western North Carolina and beyond.
Also between March 8 and 16, we ask our supporters to update their social media profiles with Lake Logan Conference Center and Camp Henry profile photo frames AND make a post about why you feel lucky to love Lake Logan and Camp Henry.
Volunteers will be calling people who love this sacred space (you!) between March 13 and 17 to swap stories and share the opportunity to give back.
On March 17, we’ll provide hourly updates on social media as to the progress of our goal.
Here’s what your Day of Giving donation provides:
- Scholarships so that Lake Logan and Camp Henry are available for every person who needs to spend time on holy ground in communion with God, the Earth, and one another.
- Educational opportunities and respite for clergy and lay people so that they can be better ministers to the world.
- Upkeep of historic buildings that have provided shelter, places for worship and fellowship, and education for over 100 years.
- Preservation of unspoiled land that honors its creator and its history and the wildlife that lives there.
We will begin accepting gifts for the Day of Giving on March 13, and gifts (or pledges) must be received by midnight on March 17 to count toward Day of Giving. When you make your Day of Giving gift, you may designate it for the Conference Center or Camp Henry or allow us to determine where it is needed most. Mark your check or online gift as “Day of Giving” so that you will help us meet our goal of 100 new gifts.
Bonus: We have a donor who has pledged a $100 match for each of the first 50 gifts we receive, regardless of size. That means if you donate $50, your gift is actually worth $150. Every gift counts!
Click here to learn about the Valle Crucis Day of Giving.