The Outdoor School at Lake Logan develops active citizens and conscious stewards of our earth through outdoor experiential education.
Whether you are teaching in a traditional setting, homeschooling, wild schooling, or looking for a weekend adventure for your family, friends, or youth group, the Outdoor School is here to help you plan and execute a safe, educational, and FUN trip!
- Day and overnight field trip options that meet NC curriculum standards for elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Environmental education classes for all ages, including Waterway Investigation, Forest Ecology, and Night Sky Lab.
- Alpine Tower Climbing
- Large and small group team building
- Guided day hikes in the Shining Rock Wilderness, Pisgah National Forest, and on Lake Logan property.
- Multi-day guided backpacking trips in the Shining Rock Wilderness, Pisgah National Forest, and on Lake Logan property. Trips include gear rental and meals. No experience required.
Why the Outdoor School at Lake Logan?
- Flexible curriculum based programming
- Experienced, caring staff
- Healthy, delicious meals and snacks
- Comfortable overnight accommodations
- Reasonable pricing
The Outdoor School is a developing offering at Lake Logan. We currently have capacity to sleep 50 students and chaperones within 4 dorm rooms, with other accommodations available to house teachers. We are now taking reservations for day groups of 60 students and plan to be able to increase this number as staffing increases. Thank you for your understanding as we build this program!
Camp Henry Outdoor School Summer Sessions
CHOS is a program of Camp Henry and focuses on learning, living, traveling, and experiencing God’s majesty in a back country setting. Participants learn through hands-on experience planning backpacking routes, food rationing, map reading, Leave-No-Trace ethics, and expedition management. Using lightweight equipment and backcountry skills, campers experience the incredible wilderness areas surrounding Camp Henry.