Personal Retreat Policies
Check-in is 3 PM. Check-out is 9 AM.
You may request meal service if we are serving a group and pay per meal at time of check-in.
Payment is due in full at time of booking.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
You may receive a 75% refund on your payment if you cancel your reservation in writing with 60 days notice. No refunds will be given after that point.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE
The following safety guidelines and policies apply to use of the Lake Logan Conference Center’s facilities and services:
- For a $50 non-refundable pet fee Lake Logan allows your family dog in cabins Maple, Cherry, White Pine, Rhododendron, and Noo Nook only. Except for service animals, no animals are allowed in the dining hall. All dogs should be registered with Lake Logan in advance so that we can prepare for your pet’s stay. We ask that all pets are kept on a leash and cleaned up after. All service animals are welcome. Owners are responsible for the behavior of and any property damage caused by their animals. See all pet policies before bringing you pet.
- All guests with vehicles on the property must display an Lake Logan hangtag. We recommend you park your car and walk; however, when driving on Lake Logan property, please obey the posted speed limits and signs.
- The lake is open for guests April 1 through October 31 each year depending on weather conditions.
- Upon request, the Paddle Room of the Boathouse is open from 9 AM to 5 PM each day. Guests are invited to enjoy boating during these hours. For your safety, each guest is required to wear a properly fitting PFD when in a boat.
- Guests are asked to return paddles, PFDs, and boats back to their proper storage area.
- Advanced reservation prior to your arrival is required if you wish to have a lifeguard or alpine tower facilitator. If this was not done please contact the Lake Logan staff to see if last-minute arrangements can be made on your behalf.
- Guests wishing to fish are required to hold a valid North Carolina fishing license.
- For the health of all our guests, Lake Logan all buildings are smoke-free and tobacco-free. This includes e-cigarettes and vaping. Please smoke only in designated areas outside and away from building entrances, and dispose of your cigarette butts in appropriate locations. Lake Logan does not have a liquor license from the State of North Carolina to serve guests alcoholic beverages. Guests are welcome to provide their own beer and wine to enjoy during dinner or in their cottages. We ask that our guests drink responsibly and assure that only those of legal age consume alcoholic beverages. Open containers are not permitted on the grounds or by the waterfront. Consumption of alcohol while boating or swimming is not permitted.
- All guests are invited to enjoy the use of the living room and front porch at Main Lodge as well as the decks at the Dining Hall for informal rest and relaxation. Advance notice will be provided at check-in if an area is reserved for a private function.
- Wireless internet is available for your convenience in Main Lodge, Celebration, the Dining Hall, and Hemlock.
- Telephones are available at the Dining Hall, the Boat House, and Sit ‘n’ Whittle Lodge for local and emergency calls only. A telephone is available at Main Lodge for free long distance calls. WiFi calling can be used anywhere internet is available.
- Guests assume financial responsibility for any loss, damage, or destruction to Lake Logan property or equipment. Charges for excessive cleanup will be assessed to the guest, and a damage deposit may be required at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Furniture, linens, blankets, pillows, and kitchen items – including dishes – should remain in their proper locations. If the furniture is moved to make your stay more enjoyable please return it to its original location before your departure. Please do not tape or use putty on any walls.
- Please observe quiet times from 10 PM. until 7 AM.
- The photographs or likenesses of guests of Lake Logan may be used for publicity or other purposes without compensation or other consideration. Guests may request in writing that their photographs or likenesses not be used in this fashion.
- Lake Logan cannot be held responsible for any items left behind by guests but will attempt to keep such items in safekeeping for a one week before donating to charity. Please call the office as soon as possible if you discover that you have left something behind.
- Mail for guests should be sent to “Recipient Name and Group Name,” c/o Lake Logan, 25 Wormy Chestnut Lane, Canton, NC 28716. Mail received after departure can be forwarded upon request and payment by the recipient for up to one week.
- Lake Logan reserves the right to remove any persons from the facilities or premises who, in the sole discretion of Lake Logan staff, are unauthorized or who are creating a disturbance, or who are jeopardizing the health, safety, and/or welfare of our guests.
- Lake Logan reserves the right to change rates at any time. Notice of any rate change will be given whenever a change is deemed necessary.